We've used one of the top polling firms in the country according to the New York Times. Click here to the see the results.
Rhode Islanders Overwhelmingly Oppose Unrestricted Abortions
Decisive Results by Top-Rated Polling Firm Exposes Over-reach of Proposed Legislation
Providence, RI -- A new group, formed and funded by Rhode Island residents, Citizens for Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness, today released a poll it commissioned from one of the top polling firms in the country, Cygnal, which was recently cited by the New York Times as the most accurate pollster in the country
The top-lines of the poll, which contacted 700 Ocean State residents via land and mobile lines, and with a 3.7% margin of error, include:
- An overwhelming majority of Rhode Islanders (92.8%) believe that the abortion issue should not be the “top priority” for lawmakers; the abortion issue does not even rank among the top-6 issues
- Only 7.2% say it’s their top priority
- An overwhelming majority of Rhode Islanders (73.8%) believe that abortion should not be legal up until birth
- Less than one-in-five Rhode Islanders (18.8%) believe it should be legal up until birth
- An overwhelming majority of Rhode Islanders (68.9%) oppose partial-birth abortions in all situations
- An overwhelming majority of Rhode Islanders (63.9%) oppose second-trimester abortions in all situations
- An overwhelming majority of Rhode Islanders (63.0%) oppose legislation which removes restrictions as to who can perform abortions
Complete "top line" findings of the poll and more information can be found on the group's website - CitizensForLifeRI.com. Multiple recently released national polls also support the findings of the Rhode Island poll, whereby large majorities of Americans oppose unrestricted abortions.
Citizens for Life Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness also conducted a manual petition drive and collected over 1000 written signatures in just the past week, opposing legislation currently before Rhode Island's General Assembly that would significantly expand abortions in the state.
Citizens for Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness is 100% organized and funded by private Rhode Island residents. No out-of-state or any special-interest-group funds have been raised. Statements and information from the organization can be found and followed in its social media accounts: @CitizForLifeRI on Twitter and /CitizensForLifeRI on Facebook.
Citizens for Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness was formed by Rhode Islanders seeking to preserve the rights and sanctity of every human life - from the unborn to the infirm to the elderly - and to strengthen the cultural and historical underpinnings of our state. Our mission is to promote strong and healthy families, to advance dignity for each and every human being, and to expose the politically-correct extremism that tears at the fabric of our society.
Click here now or on the button below to see the poll results.
Be the first to comment
Sign in withFacebook Twitter